In the Data management, STRUCTURE tab, you manage Icon menus and their options, Dropdown Menu boxesand their options Click this iconto manage Menu boxes options.
You have created "menu" boxes in the "Menu boxes section". A number of articles titles and internal as well as external links are stored there; visitors will click them to go to your contents.
The management of menu options is of interest for:
- create this menu option later, for example if you forgot to select a menu box,
- change the title of the option of a menu option,
- make an item accessible in another menu, in addition to the one where it was declared when it was created
- reserve a menu option for a private group
Reminder: The menu option of an item is automatically created when a new item is published, if you select a menu box in the Menu box field before saving.
These articles are stored in the articles section, Data management tab. They are sorted out in a list and assigned an ID. In this list, the number of menu box with the link to that article is also visible.
Creating a menu option
It is here you will assign such or such article or link to your Menu boxes.
Structure tab > Menu Options
A page will show with dropdown menu so that you can choose the menu box in which you want to add options (e.g. assign links to your articles)
Once menu box has been selected, access to the page that allows:
- Seeing options already created for that menu box (suxh as titles, contents, articles, news...)
- Creating new menu options
- Go back to selecting another menu box
- When options already exist:
- Edit the article - Duplicate the article - display or not the item (that is the link to the article) in the menu box - Delete the item for this l'article (not the article!) of this menu box.
Way to proceed:
For instance, an article names Léquipe Guppy has been created, with ID 420.
We want to make it available in the menu box Introduction. We will then create a new menu option for the box Introduction.
- Select menu box Introduction. You get to the page with the options for the box Introduction (name of box showing at the top):
- Click "Create a menu option"
- The various fields of the above page allow to:
- Specify state of menu option:
- active, it will then be displayed in the Introduction box.
- Inactive : It can't be displayed on the site as is. make this choice for instance when you're working on articles that will be listed in a new menu box that you don't want to show now.
- Restrict access or not to a private group. You may thus allow access to this option only to people belonging to a group you will have previously constituted in "General Management > Group Management"
- Program the publication of the option. Date of start OR date of end in format YYYYMMDDhhmnmn (Year, Month, Day, hour and minutes)
- Then enter the writer's name and their email address in the provided field.
- Name a new category. Here: GuppY, c'est qui ? (Idem in English, if this second language has been activated in General Config.
- Enter the title of the menu option. It is this title or name of item that will show in the menu box.
- Enter the url of the link to access the article.The title of name of the item will show as a link to access the article : the GuppY Team: articles.php?lng=en&pg=420
- 420 is the ID of the article.
- Choose display of side boxes if you wish Standard is the default choice.
- Choose a page setting for that option. default is "Main". You may choose another secondary page. Note : secondary pages areto be created in Boxes Config; they let you propose extra contents with making display uncomfortable in the side column of you sides..
- Choose opening mode of the page in your browser : default is "in the same window".
When you are done, don't forhet to click... SAVE !!!
Category : Online help - Structure
Page read 389 times