Translation by Google - Update the current translation
Difference between patch and migrate
A patch should be applied to update a given major version.
for example :
- From 4.6.27 to Version 4.6.28 must be applied non-cumulative patch 4.6.28
- The 4.6.14 version 4.6.28 must apply the cumulative patch 4.6.28
- Must apply a non-cumulative patch when a minor version we move to the next higher minor version.
- Must apply a cumulative patch when a minor version is a minor version changes to more than one unit.
Note: Sometimes, when minor changes are made, a non-cumulative patch can be applied for two or three successive indications of a minor version. This was the case for versions 4.6.26, 4.6.27, 4.6.28 to 4.6.27-1 release. In this exceptional case, it is very clear in the download area.
Migration must be made when moving from a main release, see majeure, another version of the same type.
- This will be the case for moving from 4.6.28 to version 5.0.0
Then the next patch will be non-cumulative patch 5.0.1
Last update : 24/02/2014 @ 09:07
Category : Documentation - Docs and Tutorials
Page read 15852 times