You must do like this to achieve a migration TO V.4.6 from a previous version:
- Put the site in maintenance
- Make a backup of the whole site (quite worthwhile to reinstall your plugins if you've checked they're still compatible)
- Run a [DB integrity check]. Make sure it finds no error or run it again.
- Your data is put in the 4 directories data/, file/, img/ and photo/. Therefore, you must not delete them, nor their sub-folders, from your web site.
- Deactivate the skin and the plugins you are using.
- Activate the skin [no_skin]
- Withdraw the side boxes associated to the plugins
- Withdraw the icons associated to the plugins. Go to the management pages of your plugins to remove their icons from the top icon bar.
- At the root of your site (/) delete the files and the directories admin/, inc/ and mobile/ (mobile/ appeared with version 2.3), and plugins/ (plugins/ appeared with version 3.0) their content, as well as all their subfolders and their contents.
- Remove all skins.
- Copy the new directories and files from the latest version of GuppY (that is /, admin/, inc/, mobile/, pages/ and plugins/) as well as install/ and it's content.
- Check if you need to set the [CHMOD]. This will be the case if you had to apply it for your previous miniPortail / GuppY installs/migrations.
- Carry out the install script . (If your web site URL is http://www.mysite.com/ , then input the following URL in your browser : http://www.mysite.com/install/) and follow the instructions for a migration (this is most important)
- Great! You have just migrated to the latest version of GuppY. Some modifications in the GuppY parameters require that you to check [General Config], [Site Config], [Sections Config], [Services Config] and [Boxes Config]. You will also have to run a [DB integrity check] for updating the GuppY database indexes.
- You eventually have to install your skin and plugins when you have checked they are compatible with the current version.
- Reactivate the side boxes and the icons associated to the plugins
- Install the skins 4.6 compatible.
- Activate the skin.
- Check if it works well.
- Leave maintenance
Creation date : 18/03/2014 @ 20:24
Category : FAQ GuppY v 5 - Migrate to version 4.6
Page read 20679 times